Middle Ruby Developer, Hotel Booking App
Our client is the leading online booking market for last minute hotel deals that operates in the US and Europe. It was created with the expectation of spontaneous decisions, e.g. when a traveler decides where they want to stop, both right on the spot or shortly before the trip. The user sees a short list of offers (10-15 hotels from several categories), from expensive to humble. These options are ranked by a special algorithm.
DataArt’s specialists are currently working on the systems that process tens of thousands of requests per day with 99.99% uptime. We’re creating internal software tools for increased functionality.
- 75% — CREATION OF NEW FEATURES: Creating new integration modules for transferring data between the main application and third-party travel-related APIs;
- 15% — MAINTENANCE / BUG FIXING: Will grow when the number of modules in production increases, connection to end-users via the Client’s engineering team;
- 5% —WRITING DOCUMENTATION: module description, deployment, and maintenance guide(s);
- 5% — MEETINGS: daily stand-up (15 mins), weekly client sync call (1hr), ad hoc calls w/client’s engineering.
- Experience working with Ruby, Rails, RSpec;
- Experience deploying Rails applications;
- Skills working with AWS;
- Experience working with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached;
- Experience working with the TDD/BDD;
- Experience designing and using REST and SOAP APIs;
- Knowledge of GIT;
- Good spoken English.
Would be a plus
- Experience working with Sinatra, Padrino, Hanami, etc.;
- Experience working with Docker and Terraform;
- Experience working with Newrelic, Bugsnag, Datadog, etc.