Data Platform Engineer, Online Retailer
Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide. DataArt specialists help develop and support its services. We have helped the company to create web-portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage and much more.
Modern IT-systems have allowed the company to increase the amount of its customers to over half a million. Retail provides a yearly profit of around £1 billion. But our client is determined to earn even more by reselling the technological tools that have led them to their success.
Based on the new IT-infrastructure and the experience of its modifications, the company is working on developing a cross functional system that will be able to fit the interests of other companies that are interested in acquiring such systems. DataArt provides consultation and development of the software for the client in both areas of their activities: online sales and creation of the cross functional retail platform.
As a Data Platform Engineer, you will be part of a team that researches, designs and maintains an automated cloud computing service model (DBaaS) on clients Infrastructure platform. The candidate will be working with relational and NoSQL database technologies on both private and public cloud infrastructures, with a core focus on containerization and Kubernetes.
- Solid knowledge and skills in programming (Python, Go or similar)
- Experience with databases (Postgres or Cassandra)
- Familiarity with containers and container orchestration systems such as Docker / K8s
- A desire to work with open source technologies
- Comfortable to adapt to change and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
Would be a plus
- Experience in using monitoring and alerting tools (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Experience in/understanding of supporting a 24x7 operation
- Experience of development using Scrum or other Agile methodologies